Are you an experienced Ecologist looking to progress your career? Do you want to take charge of projects and lead ecology works?
An excellent position has arisen, based out of Essex for a senior level Ecologist. Taking on this role will see you managing multiple, innovative projects, and will present you with the foundations to further your career in ecology.
Within this role you will be tasked with managing multiple ecological projects, working on infrastructure and with national housing developers.
You will be expected to have experience of project management as this role will entail the overseeing over multiple, large projects at any one time. Within the consultancy all assistant ecologists are assigned mentors, so you will need to have an invested interest in improving the skills of your colleagues- previous experience of this will be well received.
As well as management, you will be expected to be a highly knowledgably field ecologist- well versed in desktop studies and highly experienced in site and habitat surveying. Consequently a comprehensive knowledge of field survey methods is essential. You will be expected to have experience of report writing and mitigation planning- incredible attention to detail is required for these aspects to uphold the consultancies well established reputation.
As the successful candidate you will become a vital part of a fast growing consultancy that serves a large range of industries. Due to the success of the consultancy, they are constantly expanding, making this an ideal time to join, and help grow the already established ecological team. For a dedicated and skilled candidate there is great scope for career progression and become a vital member of the team.
- Experience of working within a professional ecological consultancy (minimum of 4 years).
- Holder of protected species licences.
- Holder of NE Mitigation Licences (desirable).
- Extended Phase 1 habitat and protected species survey skills.
- Excellent report writing skills, ability to provide clear and concise information.
- Proven client communication skills.
- Willingness to travel within the UK.
- Good project management skills.
- Employee development and progression experience.
- A Bachelor degree in relevant subject and preferably a secondary qualification i.e. MSc.
- Preferably a member of a professional body, working toward their chartered status.
- Full UK driving license.
This is a rare chance to join a well-established and highly regarded consultancy. We look forward to receiving your application.
For further information, then please contact Callum on 01202 888986 or firstname.lastname@example.org