An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Senior ecologist based in Guildford/ Cardiff. The successful candidate will have the ecological lead on a diverse range of projects, whilst motivating and mentoring a team of highly skilled ecologists. Our client is looking for someone with a passion for ecology both at home and at commercial level and ideally have a terrestrial ecology specialism.
As a senior ecologist you will be expected to to manage a diverse portfolio of projects in a variety of sectors. you must do so whilst upholding the highest standards of work. Your terrestrial ecology specialism will be expected to be applied to all your work, expanding the investigative capabilities of your peers. You must be willing to share your skills and knowledge and to mentor your junior staff - they will be under your supervision and looking to you for direction. You will be leading a field survey team to undertake surveys and mitigation, therefore experience of a range of techniques is vital. You will be required to produce EPSL applications, EcIA chapters and habitat regulation assessments, as well as producing technically accurate reports for clients. You will be expected to regulate the relationships with clients, keeping them updated with progress, creating tenders and quotes, and ensuring the work is fitting with the clients brief.
As the successful applicant, you will be part of a highly skilled, professional team, advising on a variety of different commercial sectors. out client is enthusiastic about progression of every employee and supply fantastic on the job training to help shape a career path tailored to every individuals needs.
Skills/Experience required for the role
- Have relevant and proven experience in an ecologist role, preferably in a commercial environment
- Have advanced field skills (protected species, botanical, habitat assessment etc.)
- Have at least one protected species licence.
- In depth understanding of field survey techniques.
- Effective communication to clients and stakeholders.
- Are commercially aware and have experience handling budgets.
- Meticulous approach to report writing.
- Have a record of handling multiple projects.
- Have full membership, or eligibility if not currently held, of CIEEM.
- Have experience of motivating both field and office staff.
- Have experience preparing bids and tenders.
- A degree and/ or a post graduate qualification in a relevant discipline.
- A Full UK driving licence is required for this position
This is a rare chance to join a well-established and highly regarded Consultancy. We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Callum Graham at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or Cgraham@allen-york.com