I have a terrific opportunity for a Senior Ecologist to join a well-known multidisciplinary that puts professional development at the forefront of their work. In addition to this you'll be able to work on a wide variety of projects and engage with several other disciplines including planners, transport planners, engineers, project managers, landscape architects and archaeologists.
To be successful in this role, you should be legally entitled to work in the UK and meet the following criteria;
- As full member of CIEEM you will already have an accomplished and broad background of ecological expertise, from solid extended Phase 1 skills to species-specific survey techniques, mitigation schemes and ideally EPS licence applications.
- You must have a strong knowledge of relevant UK and European legislation, policy and guidance.
- You will have the ability to write EcIA chapters and/or HRA assessments is preferable as these are a large part of our work.
- You will have strong knowledge of how to survey and advise clients about invasive species issues is expected and BREEAM and reptile expertise would also be an advantage.
- You will be able to use a range of different field equipment, software and ideally produce maps using GIS.
- A relevant degree as a minimum is required, as is a full driving licence, plus good ICT skills including MS Word and Excel.
You should also be able to demonstrate good project management capabilities, excellent client skills and the ability to quantify risk so you can recommend pragmatic and cost-effective solutions.
You will be a confident communicator with strong written and verbal skills, with the ability to prioritise the delivery of a dynamic workload and be confident in producing risk assessments, method statements and to set a good example with regards to health and safety.
Your enthusiastic, flexible approach will equip you to support our rapidly expanding south-east team in line with the varied projects we work on. You will also work regularly alongside our other disciplines, helping develop your awareness of our wider capabilities, including Planning, Contamination, Landscape, EIA and range of other Environmental and Engineering teams.
What's on offer?
- Competitive salary
- Flexible benefits
- Flexible working options
- Company car or car allowance
- Additional optional benefits
My client operates an annual appraisal cycle provides a framework for managing your professional development and you'll benefit from great support from their large national ecology team, including the option for shadowing, mentoring and tailored training sessions.
To find out more, call Josh Blanchard on 01202 888986 today!