An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Senior ecologist based in Manchester. The successful candidate will have excellent knowledge and experience of survey techniques, ecological impact assessments and be well versed in report writing. You will have the skills to oversee projects whilst providing support to a team of skilled ecologists.
Within this role you will be working in a range of sectors, undertaking a variety of surveys and ecological impact assessments. There will be a focus on, but not limited to, large scale -infrastructure and residential projects. You will be expected to communicate and provide assistance to clients in a variety of sectors and will be liaising with statutory bodies and local planning authorities.
You will be overseeing the ecological portion of many projects, and expected to provide support, mentor and inspire your team of ecologists working alongside you.
At all times you will be working with senior colleagues and will be expected to relay information between yourself, ecologists and third parties involved.
You will be tasked with producing reports, tenders and quotations, so it is vital the successful candidate is well versed in the office aspects of ecology as well as the in the field.
Within the role you will be working a large range of projects, ensuring diversification within your role.
As the successful applicant, you will be joining one of the fastest growing environmental planning consultancies in the UK with teams based in the South and Midlands. Within your position you will play a vital part in team of a highly skilled, professional ecologists that pride themselves on an outstanding quality of work.
Skills/Experience required for the role
- Minimum of 5 years of ecological consultant experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of survey techniques.
- Experience of leading projects.
- Willingness to mentor and inspire assistant ecologists.
- Experience of liaising with clients, statutory bodies and local planning authorities.
- Commercial awareness of the industry.
- Knowledge of Ecological impact assessments
- Excellent understanding of legislative and planning policy framework as it relates to ecology and nature conservation.
- A level 2 protected species licence
- Ornithology experience well received.
- A degree and/ or a post graduate qualification in a relevant discipline.
- A Full UK driving licence is required for this position
This is a rare chance to join a well-established and highly regarded Consultancy. We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Callum Graham at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or Cgraham@allen-york.com