Nottingham, Hybrid working
We're looking for a Senior Ecologist to join dynamic and forward-thinking ecology team based in Central England, where you will be given the platform to develop new skills and achieve your goals. If this sounds like you, read on!
As a Senior Ecologist, you'll be reliable, hard-working, organised and pro-active, to help you manage a busy workload. You will enjoy working with and training Graduate and Consultant Ecologists and will be confident leading a range of surveys. You'll have specialist knowledge developed over the course of your career, and experience of a wide range of projects.
For those looking for an office-based position, you'll have project management skills and report-writing skills, with opportunities to develop these skills further under the guidance of senior managers. The ability to process data and create and manage large datasets would be an advantage, as would experience of using GIS to manage sites and fieldwork. A keen eye for detail for would be a definite advantage.
We are looking for the following requirements;
- Excellent knowledge of UK and EC wildlife legislation and policy, as well as Ecological Impact Assessment
- Holder of or working towards relevant protected species survey and / or mitigation licences would be desirable.
- Technical and professional proficiency with a demonstrable history of supporting the winning of and / or delivering of ecological projects.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in particular, the ability to write concise technical reports
- Proven ability to work closely and collaboratively with colleagues and clients
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work to meet peaks in demands
- Represent AECOM externally through projects, client management, publications and presentations
- Plan and organise the delivery of ecological surveys
- Experience of:
- Phase 1 Habitat and protected species surveys and licensing
- Managing and mentoring staff, as well as technical leadership of survey teams
- Electronic data capture, analysis and presentation
- Liaising with clients, project managers and other project stakeholders including statutory bodies
- Interpreting and recording data, conducting analyses, comparing findings to relevant studies and local, provincial and national regulations to ensure compliance
Why this role?
Our client is very committed to helping its employees achieve a healthy work-life balance, they actively celebrate flexible working and would be happy to discuss a working arrangement to suit you. You will also receive a competitive salary, 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Tom at: email@example.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.