EIA Consultant / Senior EIA Consultant - London
An opening has arisen due to expansion for a Consultant / Senior Consultant based in London, working primarily within the area of environmental impact assessment (EIA). EIA experience across a range of sectors is required. You will be an experienced consultant to work predominantly on UK projects in the energy (renewables), linear infrastructure and property sectors, with the potential to support international ESIA. The successful candidate should have a thorough understanding of environmental consenting processes in the UK and an advanced understanding of the EIA process and regulations. The role will involve working as a key member of an established EIA team in the delivery of a range of projects, across all sectors.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Desk based environmental baseline data collection and interpretation;
- Site inspections;
- Report writing and preparation of figures, including drafting and/or reviewing Impact Assessment chapters;
- Client and project team liaison;
- Attendance at stakeholder meetings and public consultations;
- Coordination, management and preparation of EIA Reports; and
- Coaching/ mentoring junior staff.
- The successful candidate will have an advanced understanding of UK EIA best practice and regulations, be self-confident, diligent, proactive, willing to work flexible hours when required and able to build strong working relationships with colleagues, clients, and project teams. By the nature of EIA, it is essential that the candidate will have strong organisational and communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret environmental guidelines, policies, plans and legislative requirements;
- Ability to accurately measure and record environmental data;
- Competent and efficient report writing skills;
- Ability to work successfully with various sub-consultants in the delivery of a consistent EIA approach and reporting style;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English;
- Numerically competent;
- Well organised and able to prioritise their own workload with minimal supervision;
- Ability to use a range of IT packages (including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Project) - experience using GIS software for figure production would be beneficial;
- Knowledge of a particular environmental specialism would be advantageous but not essential; and
- Experience of socio-economic assessment as part of EIA would be highly desirable.
- Appropriate degree in environmental sciences, environmental engineering or a related environmental discipline;
- Masters Degree in an environmental discipline (advantageous);
- Full clean driving licence; and
- Prior EIA project management experience on complex projects.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org