Senior Environmental Impact Assessment Consultant (EIA) - Winchester
A varied role has arisen for a Senior Environmental Impact Assessment Consultant (EIA). You will be part of a large, integrated, multi-disciplinary team offering a range of specialist environmental services. You will have a track-record in the delivery of EIA, planning and consents for infrastructure projects as well as skills in client management and business development.
Reporting to the EIA Project Manager this role will be responsible for supporting the delivery of aspects of projects in relation to Environmental Impact Assessments, and other related environmental assessments for infrastructure projects both for internal and external clients to ensure development is compliant with environmental regulations and legislation.
- Support the production of EIA Screening and Scoping Reports, Environmental Statements and other key technical aspects of EIA; Strategic Environment Assessments (SEA), planning application documentation and other environmental reports as may be for infrastructure projects
- Provision of technical input to environmental assessment projects including data collection, analysis and assessment
- Support the Environmental Services Team's input to the evolution of the design to ensure that environmental factors are adequately considered, and communicating the outcomes of environmental assessments
- Support the development of mitigation proposals resulting from the EIA process
- Work with the Environmental Services Team to ensure that tight reporting deadlines are met.
- Prepare consent applications including Town and Country Planning, Flood Risk Activity Permits, Ordinary Watercourse Consents etc.
- Ensure that internal and external contracted projects and commissions are delivered per agreed timescales and budgets, resolving or escalating any issues as appropriate
- Ensure that all relevant areas of work are identified and properly resourced for delivery
- Contribute to business development including assisting in the marketing and promotion of the team's services and preparation of tender submissions
- Manage staff both directly for line management purposes and indirectly in relation to the delivery of projects as required by the overall work programme
Educated to degree level in a relevant area; or ability and experience to operate at degree level.
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
- An excellent understanding of EIA processes (including screening and scoping), environmental assessment methods and applicable planning and environmental legislation
- Current track record of relevant project management and delivery of Environmental Impact Assessments
- Experience of implementing environmental mitigation measures and discharging environmental obligations on a range of development projects
- Ability to interpret environmental reports and data
- Understanding of high-level direction setting and ability to handle broad forward planning / policy issues and concepts, including future thinking
- Strong communication skills including preparing and delivering briefings, written reports and presentations
- Excellent IT skills, including MS office, email and internet
- Experience of project management and understanding of project management principles
- Ability to meet the travel requirements of the role
- Good commercial acumen and knowledge of business processes and principles
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org