Senior Electrical Building Services Engineer
Looking for a job with variety? Where no two days will be the same?
Our client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Electrical Building Services Engineer to be based in our Birmingham Office.
About the role:
- The position is predominantly Birmingham based although travel to projects through the UK and to all the companies network of offices will form a normal part of the role. The successful applicant will demonstrate the ability to take active involvement in and lead the electrical design consecutively on a range of projects. You will need to have both the ability and appetite to mentor junior members of the engineering teams.
- Although the successful candidate's expertise will be in electrical building services engineering design they will also be required to take an interest, understand deliverables and issues regarding the mechanical building engineering systems including co-ordination between engineering systems to a point where they are comfortable and competent to report on these elements both internally and to external client and project teams.
- The individual shall possess a 'hands-on' approach and capability in electrical building services design. They shall demonstrate a presentable image and ability to attend and where appropriate lead internal meetings; interface with sales representatives; attend external meetings with clients and project teams and undertake building services condition surveys. You must also demonstrate an aptitude, and preferably an ability, to effectively delegate design responsibility to others and act in a mentoring role to less experienced staff. Responsibilities will include Client management in the provision of proposals, project planning, management of project resources, reporting and financial performance.
Experience and Requirements:
- We are looking for an ambitious, conscientious person who wants to be part of a vibrant team and is willing to learn. You will be expected to have the following personal attributes and skills:
- You will have a proven ability of work sociably as a team player in an often busy environment.
- You will have a technical design background in electrical building services engineering with experience in managing M&E design teams and nurturing junior design engineering staff.
- You are keen to be actively involved in growth and development of the M&E service line throughout the business and have aspirations to progress their career.
- You have a strong IT skills in the use of BIM focussed design software, Microsoft Office applications and AutoCAD combined with a practical approach. You will also be able to demonstrate ability to work well in a team environment whilst also having personal initiative.
- You have technical independence within the field of electrical building services engineering design and project management.
- You are presentable and able to convey a professional image at client, project and internal team meetings and whilst surveying buildings.
- Hold a full UK driving license.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Kris Kobi at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 ext.242.