Senior Electrical Design Engineer - Flexible UK lcoations
Allen & York are delighted to be able to bring this fantastic opportunity to the onshore UK renewable energy market. We are working on behalf of a leading UK consultancy group who work with renewable energy developers, providing technical services to ensure the smooth completion of projects across the UK and internationally.
We are looking to engage with an Electrical design engineer with a strong track record within the wind, solar and hydro markets. You will be the lead designer within the firm, collaborating with both internal teams, and the corresponding design teams within the developer. You will complete technical drawings and specifications pertinent to the full life cycle of the project. You will also input into feasibility studies and submissions to the grid both domestically and internationally. You will be comfortable as the lead project manager for large projects and happy inputting on due diligence reports as needed.
- Educated to Degree level in a relevant Electrical Engineering discipline, or equivalent NVQ level.
- Knowledge in the field of RE generation, PV and Hydro in particular
- Contract Management experience
- Proven track record in a similar role, ideally at team leader level or similar
- Confidence to lead a small team, from a technical and personal perspective
- Self motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Adapt in the use of modelling and PV design software (our client predominantly uses PVsyst, Solargist and PVSOL. Further skills with Matlab or Fortran would be well received)
- Engineering design experience at both above and below 11kV
- Safety first mindset
This is a fantastic opportunity in the current climate to join a leading technical services group in the onshore renewable market. There is a degree of flexibility with regards to working location, with a number of UK locations available. This role is available immediately and we will appraise and progress applications as soon as they are received. A more detailed job description is available on request, contact Tom Herbert for more details, firstname.lastname@example.org