Their corporate objectives are to:
- Represent the interests of our members in everything that we do.
- Deliver the highest level of service to our members and to others, in the interest of our members, in a responsive and proactive manner.
- Act as the technical and authoritative voice of the networks influencing and persuading in the best interests of our members.
- Expect the highest standards of professionalism, probity and integrity from all our team.
- Maintain a sound financial position delivering value for money and be recognised as an excellent employer attracting.
- This purpose of this role is to manage issues and working groups relating to all types of equipment and assets used on the UK Transmission and Distribution Networks.
- The role will require close engagement with senior industry members, industry technical specialists, manufacturers and contractors, stakeholders in governments, regulatory and other industry related bodies/organisation.
- The position will also lead and co-ordinate other initiatives as required that will enhance the efficiency and performance of our client as agreed with the Head of Engineering, Safety, Health and Environment or the Engineering Policy and Standards Manager.
- Facilitate meetings of the five Equipment Panels (Switchgear, Protection, Cables, Overhead Lines & Transformers)
- Manage the assessment process provided by the Switchgear and protection panels including.
- Manage the cost effective use of technical consultants to support the Switchgear and Protection panel lead Assessors.
- Maintain the registers of ENA assessed equipment and publish on a regular basis
- Liaise with Manufacturers/suppliers
- Liaise with Specification manager on specification revisions relating to documents on which the equipment panels are designated to lead.
- Provide a common link between the panels and co-ordinate resolution of cross discipline issues
- Manage discipline specific issues relating to the Collaborative Energy Portfolio (CEP) process.
- Maintain the “Equipment Panels” area of our Client’s website.
- Act as the principle point of contact for all NEDeRS related issues.
- Administer the NEDeRS system to ensure that
- Reports are issued in a timely and controlled manner.
- Report content is accurate and un-biased.
- Terms and conditions of membership are being adhered to.
- Provide quotations for new membership applications.
- Liaise with the finance manager to collect renewal subscriptions in a timely manner.
- Ensure NEDeRS continues to meet the requirements of members/subscribers.
- Provide the lead for the continued technical development of the NEDeRS industry-wide defect database operated by our client.
- Training of support staff member to undertake tasks in absence.
- Promote NEDeRS to potential new members
- Represent and support the code administration function. This includes meeting the code administration requirements for the Distribution code review panel (DCRP) and the Industry Technical Codes Group (ITCG).
- Lead/ support the development of technical publications, standards, and reports.
- Ensure the Online Engineering Document Catalogue is maintained and up to date proposing improvements and updates when appropriate.
- Support the ENA type test register as required.
- Provide oversight of National, European and International Engineering Standards including CEN/CENELEC/ETSI, Smart Grids Co-ordination Group (SG-CG)
- Act as the ENA principle point of contact for all equipment / asset related issues and enquiries.
- Managing the relationship with all of the electricity network operators to ensure that their interests are represented.
- Chairing or providing technical secretariat to equipment/issue specific working groups as required.
- Represent the industry at national and international meetings and workshops involving equipment/asset related issues.
- Act as the principle point of contact for liaison with other UK industry bodies (BEAMA, BASEC, BCA, BT, RSSB).
- Represent the UK industry at network equipment related meetings of Eurelectric.
The successful candidate will be a professional, experienced energy industry professional with detailed experience of distribution and transmission equipment an advantage, with at least seven years of experience in the energy industry.
The candidate should also have a basic knowledge of industry procurement practices and technical specifications.
- Third-level qualification in science or engineering related field
- Electricity industry background
- Network equipment background
- Demonstrates ability to support and lead, as required, on technical issues directly through professional know-how or ability to access relevant systems, sites, experts and other information as required.
- Proven skills and demonstrable experience in building positive and productive relationships with colleagues, customers, commercial partners and stakeholders.
- Must have initiative, self-motivation and the confidence to make key decisions
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Prepares appropriately, listens attentively, shares information and contributes/leads discussions and debate in a constructive manner.
- Networks positively internally and externally and facilitates relationship building through introductions, sharing knowledge and ideas, while maintaining a friendly and approachable communications style.
- Presents clear and concise written and verbal information and delivers minutes and/or reports in a professional and timely manner.
- Liaises with relevant practitioners, experts and professionals when adapting processes and ensures a systematic approach to implementation of changes.
- Ensures policy and procedures are legally compliant and meet quality and safety standards.
- Demonstrates high professional standards and an appreciation of different stakeholder needs and passes this knowledge and work ethic on to colleagues. Also maintains professional capability and awareness of practices and procedures and keeps self-informed of updates or changes to same.
- Develops technical know-how outside their area of expertise and builds knowledge of overall business services and how they interact/ support one another.
- Promotes co-operation within and across teams and demonstrates an awareness of the interdependency of different roles and team to achieve common goals.