My client has experienced recent successes in the development of their Environmental Management Business, this means that they are looking for experienced Senior Consultants to join their dynamic team. This opportunity offers you the chance to lead, and be part of, a small and rapidly growing team. You will have a genuine influence on the future development of this business.
With a proven track record the Senior Environmental Consultant will be expected to develop, lead and manage environmental projects, verify environmental work, carry out technical work, build new client relationships and act as a mentor to Junior Environmental Engineers / Consultants.
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, a pragmatic approach to problem solving, experience of working within a consultancy environment and a good degree in a related field. Experience working in an engineering environment alongside Design/Safety Engineers would be beneficial.
Supporting some of the UK's most high profile projects you will have the ability, and the support, to develop your career to its full potential.
The right candidate will be able to demonstrate a track record in managing and delivering multidisciplinary environmental consultancy projects in the Defence, Marine, Natural Resources (Energy, Oil & Gas, Minerals, Water), Transport and/or Nuclear sector/s.
You should be chartered through an appropriate professional institution and have an excellent practical knowledge of environmental legislation and compliance.
You will have demonstrable experience in some or all of the following;
- Environmental Aspects, Risk and Impact Assessments;
- Project Oriented Environmental Management Systems;
- Provision of regulatory compliance advice & support;
- Development of Environmental Management Systems;
- Environmental Risk & Compliance Auditing;
- Environmental Permitting;
- Design for the Environment;
You will possess;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to process and communicate information effectively and constructively;
- Excellent networking skills as demonstrated by a portfolio of established technical and industry contacts;
- The ability to develop collective responsibility for achieving results and work well as part of a team;
- A leadership focus with the ability to take the lead as required, regardless of position;
- Good commercial awareness and a supportive business focus with the ability to recognise project risk and business opportunity;
- Experience of mentoring and supporting the technical development of junior environmental scientists/engineers/consultants.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity, on offer is a highly competitive package and if you are interested, please do let me know asap.