Due to continued growth we are working with one of the leading Consultancy's to recruit a Lead Environmental Consultant specialising in Cables and Interconnectors. Working as a key member of the busy Environmental and Social Impact Assessment team, you will provide support to a suite of subsea cable projects including interconnectors, export cables and power from shore projects. You may also use your skills to support our work in other areas (such as offshore wind) should the opportunity arise.
With a background of helping to support consenting of offshore energy projects and associated legislation, and preferably with a robust knowledge of the cables industry, derived from your time as a consultant, regulator, stakeholder or developer, you will work with the team to lead clients through the full project life cycle (e.g. site selection, ESIA, post-consent).
You will act as project manager across a range of jobs, taking the key client contact role on a day to day basis, and leading consultants within the team (and external sub-consultants) to deliver these projects on time and to budget. You will also support our most senior staff to deliver our larger and more complex scopes, preparing project documentation, attending workshops and undertaking impact assessments. Where your technical ability excels in a particular area, we would expect you to act as, or quickly become, an internal Subject Matter Expert.
Qualifications and Competencies
- You will have coordinated the preparation of Scoping Reports, ESIA Reports, HRA Reports, Section 36 Applications, Marine Licences, and European Protected Species Licences etc.
- Degree level (environmental or other relevant discipline);
- Eligible to work in the United Kingdom;
- Project management experience;
- Communication and team-working skills;
- Commercial awareness;
- Influencing others, including communication skills and self-confidence in general; and
- Initiative, self-reliance, and drive to deliver results to a high standard.
- Sound working knowledge of cable installation methodologies, and associated environmental and technical constraints;
- Ideally, you will have a good understanding of the legislation in all parts of the UK;
- Keen interest and knowledge of offshore energy industries;
- You will bring expertise in a marine environmental subject matter; and
- You will know how to engage effectively with stakeholders, including with regulators and statutory consultees.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing consultancy with great apparitions. There is a generous salary and benefits package on offer as well as a good chance to develop through the company. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 ext 280 or email email@example.com