|Job Title:||Senior Environmental Consultant - Marine Mammals|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Barrie Dempster|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Senior Environmental Consultant - Marine Mammals
Edinburgh or Peterborough
A market leading Consultancy are looking to recruit a Senior Environmental Consultant working a range of Environmental Impact Assessments. You will need to have a broad range of skills and experience working on offshore projects. You will be expected to be involve with both the provision of specialist marine mammals (cetaceans and seals) advice and support as well as more general project management and consultancy tasks.
You will be expected to provide robust marine mammal's advice to other members of the team, be able to individually develop your own leads and promote rewarding business development, and assist in the smooth running and continued successful development of the Environment team. The advice provided should cover both an understanding of key legislative or policy requirements and technical understanding of environmental and ecological issues.
You will have extensive experience and appropriate knowledge of the regulatory framework and will be responsible for the management and delivery of environmental assessment projects. Your role will involve directly working with clients, problem solving and representing the company in client offices, regulator and stakeholder meetings and sometimes high pressured environments. It is likely that several projects would be managed and/or supported simultaneously, and consistently delivered to the highest standards, meeting and exceeding clients' needs.
Your main areas of work are:-
- Environmental/ecological/marine mammals consultancy;
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and environmental appraisal including habitats regulations assessment (HRA);
- Supporting the delivery of developments and projects within the UK Consent and Planning system and/or Marine Licensing regime;
- Provide technical support in area of specialism within the Advice group, Business Unit and other Business Lines.
- Environmental investigations, monitoring, data analysis and assessment; and
- General support to the wider team.
- Bachelor's degree including marine mammal ecology or conservation or related discipline
- Understanding of the environmental impact of development and operational activities on marine mammals
- An ability to work with data and to understand and interpret key elements of ecological models, e.g. for collision risk models and population models
- Knowledge of relevant survey techniques, survey design and analysis, particularly in relation to offshore environments
- Understanding of UK environmental law, the EIA process, and relevant government policy
- Experience working with marine regulators and Statutory Authorities e.g. MMO Marine Scotland, NRW, SNH, Natural England, Cefas and the Environment Agency, as well as maintaining links with relevant technical and academic institutions
- Robust project management and financial management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organisational, analytical and time management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and also as part of a team
- Focused, articulate and professional in appearance and standard of work
- Commercial acumen and recognition of growth of services
- Confidence at the client-interface
- Willingness to travel, including possibly to international destinations
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email email@example.com