|Job Title:||Senior Environmental Specialist - London|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Barrie Dempster|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
Senior Environmental Specialist - London
A leading international, multidisciplinary consultant with offices in London and throughout the Gulf States, Middle East and Africa, is seeking to recruit a highly experienced and talented EIA consultant to work in their London Design office. The individual will be expected to lead tasks and support project managers across the company in the delivery of a wide range of projects. In particular within the transport and planning and urban sectors, both internationally and within the UK. The individual must be able to demonstrate technical expertise, but will also be responsible for delivering project requirements within budget and on time. Ideally they are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with proven communication and management skills.
- Providing support on planning, EIA and SEA projects and be responsible for the delivery of project tasks to satisfy client requirements.
- Leading task and co-ordinate a wide range of studies.
- Supporting business development activities including proposal writing, development of client relationships and pursuit of opportunities.
- Interacting with clients through meetings and presentations;
- Supervising, managing and mentoring of junior staff including urban planners, urban designers and interns;
- Candidates will be expected to travel overseas at short notice for short and long-term assignments of up to 3 months.
- Bachelors (2.1 or above) or Masters in a relevant environmental discipline
- Membership or working towards full membership of the RTPI, IEMA, IES or similar professional body
- At least 5-8 years' relevant work experience in environmental impact assessment (EIA);
- An excellent knowledge of UK EIA legislation and the UK planning system
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary consultancy
- Strong report writing skills, with the ability to write clear and concise reports
- Excellent presentation skills, initiative, motivation and be a team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good IT skills in commonly used software
- Experience working in the Middle East would be an advantage.
- Portuguese or Arabic speaking
- Chartered member of relevant professional institution (IEMA, IES, CIWEM)
- Air quality assessment skills
- GIS skills
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org