Due to continued growth of the Partnership Housing Division for this particular well established contractor now wish to recruit a Senior Estimator to provide the necessary dedicated expertise and assist the existing team to achieve the growth plans of the business
The successful applicant will be expected to demonstrate their skills in the management and preparation of analytical cost estimates and commercial tenders, from receipt of enquiry to tender submission/ agreement of contract Sum.
This is a new position within the business and while support will be available from the existing estimating team it is a standalone role and there is the opportunity to develop the preconstruction function of the division
The applicant should demonstrate an understanding of the pre-contract process within the construction industry and would ideally have previously worked in a similar role for a Contractor.
- Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of early cost estimates for appraisals.
- Implementation and maintenance of historical cost database to assist with appraisals.
- Liaison with the Client and Professional representatives.
- Management and issue of appropriate enquiries for specialist Sub-Contractors/Material Suppliers.
- Preparation of analytical estimates for main contractor works utilising Conquest computerised estimating system.
- Provision of costs for contract Preliminary items.
- Tender adjudication.
- Liaison with design team members.
- Preparation of detailed information for hand over to production teams for successful tenders
Location - Surrey.