Senior Fire Safety Engineers (all UK locations considered)
Salary (DOE) + Corporate Package
Are you an innovative and strategic thinker? Can you deliver Fire Safety Design expertise across a range of Industry Sectors? Do you want to be part of a Global Multi-Disciplined award winning Company who are committed to developing their team to become Best in Class.
You will manage the development of existing client relationships and services, to undertake Fire Safety Engineering work through all construction phases: to include supporting design projects within and outside the UK. This will mainly involve desktop reviews of design projects on the initial stages and supporting the fire safety discipline.
The ideal applicant will work predominantly within the building and infrastructure sector, although opportunities to support other sectors may arise from time-to-time, considering the multidisciplinary nature of my client and the project diversity challenges.
* Development of Fire Safety Strategy reports;
Ensuring the Fire safety Strategies are considered during the design phase and construction phase of the design
* Means of Escape analysis (escape routes and exits widths; assessment of travel distances; development and assessment of evacuation strategy plans);
* Good knowledge on CAD (Computer Aided Design) packages for building up floor plans, sections, elevations of building designs;
* Good understanding on Active Fire Protection (AFP): fire detection and fire suppression systems;
* Assessment and understanding of the main British fire safety legislation and standards applied to buildings, such as Approved Document B (AD B), BS9999, BS7974;
* Assessment and understanding of the main British fire safety legislation and standards, such as the London Underground fire safety standards.
* Risk Based Interpretation and Application of these fire safety documents as well as other Codes of Practice such as international documents such as NFPA standards (e.g., NFPA 101, NFPA 130);
* Third Party Review/Design Verification;
* Attendance of internal and external design team meetings;
* Supporting on the development of Fire Risk Assessment reports for both, the building and rail sectors.
Additional skills and expertise in the following topics would be an advantage:
- Hazard Identification;
- As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP) understanding;
- Fire Risk Assessment principles;
- Understanding of fire dynamics, heat transfer and smoke behaviour principles in enclosed environments (particularly in undergrounds and tunnels); Basic understanding on Passive Fire Protection (PFP) measures;
- Basic knowledge on fire modelling simulation (using zone models such as CFAST and CFD-based models such as FDS or SMARTFIRE).
The ideal candidate will have a BSc. Or B.Eng related with Buildings, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or in Fire Safety & Risk Management
Qualifications should be recognised by a professional engineering body.
Certificates from recognised fire safety institutions in the UK, such as FIA (Fire Industry Association), IFE (Institution of Fire Engineers) etc. are highly desirable for this role.
You will be a natural team player with the ability to build positive working relationships both inhouse across the various Industry Sector Business Units.
Comfortable operating using own initiative
Excellent client service delivery
We are looking for candidates who can take on challenges and work to support other experts within our team when the need arises.
The role will also require helping to prepare proposals and marketing material in relation to our Fire Safety capabilities.
This is an excellent time to join a market leader in a creative, cutting-edge and dynamic work environment.