Senior Flood Risk and Drainage Consultant
Our Client, a leading independent environmental consultancy, is looking for a Senior to Principle Flood Risk and Drainage Consultant to assist on a wide range of projects throughout Britain, including large infrastructure projects and housing developments.
The successful candidate will lead on undertaking Flood-Risk Assessments (FRAs) and drainage strategies for a wide range of schemes.
- Work on a range of development projects, particularly through the pre-planning stages, taking the lead in a flood risk and drainage team.
- Flood risk assessments.
- Drainage Impact Assessments, drainage strategies & detailed designs.
- Surface water management plans & flood evacuation plans.
- Reporting and surveys.
- Producing tenders and fee quotes.
- Supporting the Technical Director and Scottish Region in developing and growing the business.
- Project management, client and business development meetings, site visits and field work.
Skills & Experience:
- Hydraulic Modelling using Flood Modeller (or similar packages).
- Relevant academic qualifications and a minimum of 5 years professional experience, ideally in a commercial consultancy environment.
- A track record in work winning, client liaison and project management.
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills and strong report writing ability.
- Extensive experience in Flood Risk Assessments and drainage design.
- Able to use Microdrainage to a high standard.the ability to produce high quality reports and design specifications is a necessity.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and spoken.
- Ability to fit into a lively and ambitious team.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986.