Senior Flood Risk Consultant - Nottingham
About the role
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Flood Risk Consultant has arisen, based in Nottingham. The work is varied and widespread supporting clients on projects throughout the UK as required. You will be innovative and encourage independent thinking, while always seeking to provide commercial solutions to complex flood risk issues.
The role will include flood risk consultancy and pre-planning services to successfully support planning applications for proposed developments from small bespoke schemes to large multi-disciplinary projects. The role predominantly entails the research and delivery of Flood Risk Assessments and hydraulic modelling, with some understanding of sustainable drainage design desired.
The ideal candidate would also have experience in production of Environmental Statement chapters and land/development planning policy in the UK including knowledge of the Water Framework Directive.
Some experience in the management of staff and projects is preferred, as the role includes providing support to the Team Leader in supporting other staff, with additional responsibilities in workload organisation, resource planning and financial administration. This role includes the opportunity for a motivated and driven individual to progress to Team Leader in due course.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas:
- Flood Risk Assessments and knowledge of the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF).
- Hydrological analysis using Flood Estimation Handbook techniques and associated software packages, such as ReFH and WINFAP.
- Hydraulic modelling in 1D/2D software packages such as Hec-Ras, Flood Modeller Pro (ISIS) and TUFLOW.
- Skills and knowledge in drainage strategy and Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS) is desirable.
- GIS and the Microsoft Office suite.
- Provide solutions to technical problems and input to provide factual and interpretative reports.
- Have the ability to plan and monitor own workloads to achieve project demands.
- Management of staff and projects with direct accountability.
- Workload supervision, resource planning and financial administration.
- Ability to share both knowledge and experience with others.
- When requested, provide proactive input in Group and Service Line initiatives.
- Effectively communicate and co-operate within a project team to support the achievement of a project brief through the provision of efficient and professional services.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues throughout the Company, clients and suppliers.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email email@example.com