If you're looking for a role as a Senior River Modeller and wishing to develop your career and are ambitious to achieve your career potential, read on. Join my client's utilities team in London, Guildford, Birmingham, Bristol or Cardiff as a Senior River Modeller and they'll make sure you get the experience and personalised learning support you need to take your career as far as you want it to go.
Their Utilities team is involved in some of the UK's most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding. They have an enviable reputation in the delivery of such schemes and are working closely with the Environment Agency and some of the UK's most established and recognisable utilities companies, undertaking a vast array of projects to enhance the UK's water and utility services.
Reporting to a Team Leader (Principal Engineer), you will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of project-related tasks to meet budget, time-frame and quality targets, meeting or exceeding client expectations, promoting and marketing all facets of our services during interfaces with clients and other sectors and disciplines, contributing towards the achievement of the team's business plan and building networks within the industry.
- Setting the technical direction for modelling studies and flood risk projects
- Produce and lead flood risk assessments
- Supporting and developing junior modelling staff
- Resolving technical modelling issues on projects
- Carrying out technical reviews of hydraulic models
- Preparation of project proposals / bids / fee estimates
- Managing components of projects, taking responsibility for own resource and potentially resource allocation of others, managing subcontractors, quality assurance and client feedback and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
- Ensuring compliance in the components of the project for which you have responsibility, including drawings, reports, specifications and studies
- Building relationships with clients on projects
- Gaining experience in commercial aspects of projects (contract, invoicing, debt management, client management etc.) relating to projects for which responsible
- Liaising with the Project Director or Manager and the client
- Providing input to project team, leading by example to achieve sector goals and championing quality and innovation.
- Assisting and participating in developing yourself and other team members to their full potential
- Gaining experience of and being familiar and compliant with, relevant H & S regulations and promoting a culture of awareness within the team
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager
What you would have to offer:
My client is seeking to recruit a Senior River Modeller, to be based in their Birmingham, Cardiff or Guildford office, working within their established Flood Risk team. In addition to leading the development of flood models for the Environment Agency, Canal and River Trust and other prestigious clients, you will be required to undertake Project Management duties, liaising closely with the client and increasing work by maximising trade-up situations. To be considered, they are seeking candidates with the following credentials:
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Degree in appropriate analytical discipline (e.g. Civil Engineering, Environmental Science)
- Preferably a further degree in e.g. Engineering Hydrology, River & Coastal Engineering, Water Resources Technology
- Chartered with CIWEM or ICE
- Fluvial modelling experience using ISIS / TUFLOW / ESTRY / FLOOD MODELLER PRO
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Ability to manage commercial aspects of projects
- Ability to lead and carryout Flood Risk Assessments and an in depth knowledge of UK flood risk policy (NPPF and TAN15)
- Experience of Surface Water Management Plans and SuDS
- Experience in water resource assessments, undertaking Environmental Impact Assessments and preparing Environmental Statements
My client is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. They are differentiated through talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. .
They offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
Highly competitive salary
Stakeholder Pension matched to 6%
Annual Leave, with option to purchase additional days
Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
Tax Free Season Ticket Loan
Flexible Benefits Scheme, including Cycle to Work and Childcare Vouchers
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
Opportunities like this are rare. Get in touch with me now to discuss the role further.