|Job Title:||Senior Geotechnical Engineer|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Herbert|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Allen & York are delighted to be working exclusively with the UK's largest Engineering and Environmental Consultancy group. As part of a significant recruitment project to grow the Ground Engineering team, we are working on upwards of 15 vacancies across the Engineering Geology and Geotechnics teams in the South East.
We have 3 vacancies for Senior Geotechnical Engineers across 3 locations across England. Responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out desktop studies and walkover surveys and assisting in planning ground investigations.
- Preparing technical specifications and contract documents for ground investigations (GI), supervising investigations and acting as the Investigation Supervisor.
- Scheduling laboratory tests, checking GI Contractor's reports, interpreting and analysing the results using software such as Excel, Surfer and gINT.
- Collating, manipulating and interpreting data to provide reliable design parameters
- Designing geotechnical elements such as earth and rock slopes, deep and shallow foundations, gravity and embedded retaining walls and ground improvement using appropriate software.
- Communicating your findings and results both orally and in writing.
- Preparing reports on desktop studies and site visits, Ground Investigation Reports and Geotechnical Design Reports as required by Eurocode 7
- As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer or Engineering Geologist you will relevant experience enabling you to have developed a range of ground engineering knowledge and skills.
- You will have a working knowledge of UK geology, engineering geology and ground investigation practice.
- You will be able to describe soils and rocks, appreciate geomorphological features, record your findings and write clear and concise reports.
- Be familiar with software such as SlopeW, gINT, Oasys suite, gINT, Slope WALLAP and the Rocscience suite.
- A first degree in geology, engineering geology or civil engineering.
- A Masters or PhD in a geotechnical subject would be an advantage.
This is a fantastic chance to join one of the UK's best GE teams. Contact Tom Herbert on 01202 888986.