|Job Title:||Senior Geotechnical Engineer|
|Location:||West Midlands, England|
|Contact Name:||Tom Herbert|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
ALLEN & YORK's Engineering team are supporting the expansion of an international research organisation within the transport sector. You will input into the developing consultancy function of the business across public and private sectors. The role can be based in either Berkshire or Birmingham, with scope for international travel.
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate skills and experience in the following areas:
- Extensive experience in the design and assessment of highway geotechnical structures, and in slope stability analysis
- Knowledge and experience in pavement performance and materials investigations
- A track record in technical delivery of research and consultancy work
- Able to proactively seek business opportunities
- An excellent working knowledge of common international design standards and specifications
- In depth knowledge of geotechnical assessment techniques and analysis
- Knowledge of the fundamental principles behind pavement and foundation design
- Educated to degree level or higher in civil engineering or geotechnical engineering. Ideally the successful applicant should be a member of an appropriate professional institution.
This is a rare opportunity to move aware from the traditional consultancy space to work with a leading international research firm. You will be a sector leader supported by a wealth of transport and civil engineering professionals.
Contact Tom Herbert for more details, 01202 888986.