Working with the UK's largest ground investigation and consultancy team, this is an opportunity for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to develop their career within an award winning setting.
The role is offered at Senior grade, ideally to be based from the Coventry office but there may be the opportunity to be based flexibly across offices in the North of England. Due to a strong workload, the team are looking to expand immediately at Senior level.
- Managing geotechnical projects through desk studies and ground investigation phases, through to the production of interpretive geotechnical reports
- Design, supervision and management of ground investigation and construction works
- Working knowledge of Eurocode 7 and UK annex design codes, ground investigation and construction contracts and specifications
- Effectively communicating with clients and colleagues to build strong working relationships with the aim of meeting and exceeding client expectations, and contributing to a strong team ethic
- Managing projects to meet both commercial and technical requirements and working with technical and projects leads to deliver appropriate solution
- Managing, motivating, mentoring and developing junior professional staff
- Supporting business development, developing new leads and preparation of tenders
- Demonstrable experience in designing, supervising and managing ground investigations, including the production of high quality geotechnical interpretative reports
- Experience of managing and validating earthworks projects desirable
- Awareness of geo-environmental investigation and assessment desirable
- Experience of rock slope inspections and assessment would be a benefit
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including report writing
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Computer literate and skilled with Microsoft Office applications, in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CAD and GIS software competency desirable
- Knowledge of geotechnical software packages including gINT, Qasys suite, Wallap, Dips, RocFall etc desirable but not essential as training will be given
- Full UK drivers licence.
Salary and benefits:
- Commensurate with experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Training by senior team members to enable technical and managerial progression
- We encourage Continuing Professional Development and, as a Registered Practice with the Geological Society or Institute of Civil Engineers, we are committed to supporting candidates along the pathway to Chartership.
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays
This is a strong opportunity to join a market leading team at an exciting point of their development. Please contact Tom Herbert at Allen & York for more information.