Senior GIS Consultant - Edinburgh & Glasgow
Due to continued growth a position had arisen for a Senior GIS consultant with around five years of experience to join the team in Edinburgh or Glasgow. With a core focus on GIS experience you will also have an appreciation of environmental consulting work and the ways in which geospatial methods can tie into this.
The role will include:
* Delivering technical GIS work related to environmental, planning and infrastructure aspects of a nationally significant highways project in Scotland and other projects of various types and scales, working with Geospatial and other specialists.
* Tasks could include data management, data visualisations, cartography, spatial analysis, automation/scripting of spatial tasks, web development, and many other GIS linked tasks
* Producing project related correspondence, reports and Geospatial outputs, including technical report writing
* Attending internal and client meetings, reporting on and presenting the Geospatial aspects of projects
* Working with the BIM team to integrate GIS and BIM together
Skills/Experience required for the role
* Typically over five years of post-graduate GIS experience, ideally in a consultancy environment
* A first degree in a relevant subject such as Geography, GIS, Computer Science, Software Development and Information Technology or similar.
* Ideally a post-graduate qualification of MSc or higher
* Current track record of providing GIS into projects in a consulting environment including highways projects specifically, through all stages
* Experience in a range of GIS, web development and database environments
* Skills in Python scripting, web development and BIM would be highly desirable
* Ability to flex skills and approach across a wide range of project types
* Project management experience, including QA procedures and financial systems
* Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
* Able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
* Excellent planning, organisational, time management and communications skills
* Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges
* Ideally Chartered or progressing towards Chartership
This is a great time to join the expanding team. We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org