Senior H&S Advisor
Central Belt (Glasgow)
A great opportunity to work with a major national utilities/construction company.
My client is looking for an individual who has the drive and experience to further enhance the existing H&S team, and continue our transformation and effort to lead effective improvements and change across the business in support of our mission and strategy.
As a Senior H&S Advisor you will contribute to these goals by leading a team of H&S Advisors and working collaboratively with the construction supply chain to drive best practice on the journey to zero harm for the workforce, our customers and the end users.
As a Senior H&S Advisor you will lead the H&S Advisors, whilst directly providing expert Health & Safety advice, coaching and support to the range of stakeholders within our Capital Investment and Strategic Customer Service Planning Directorates, at all levels. This position reports functionally to the Construction and Contracting H&S Manager. The role will have a national remit and be based at one of Scottish Water's strategic office hubs and will include regular travel.
Key responsibilities include:
- The ability to influence and engage at all levels to build our H&S culture and strategy.
- Influencing standards and expectations for both internal and external stakeholders, especially designers and contractors, Proactive horizon scanning to understand the challenges and opportunities that exist in relation to H&S across both a construction, and office environment.
- Drive innovation in the way that H&S is delivered, including the application of human factors, ergonomic design, process safety and digital solutions, with the support of relevant specialists.
- Facilitating development and sharing of best practice pro-actively.
- Effective management of the day to day activities of a number of Health & Safety Advisors from planned and reactive activities, to the support and delivery of strategic improvement work across our business stakeholders.
- Ensuring that your team can effectively support their functional areas, build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, support their individual professional development and ultimately help them to thrive in their role.
- Identifying and embedding learning from incidents and supporting good practice throughout incident investigation, and effective preventative activities.
- Leading collaborative improvement activities with Supply Chain Partners and wider industry.
- Providing proactive support, advice and coaching to stakeholders, particularly with respect to discharging CDM duties.
- Development and implementation of a health and safety assurance model that indicates levels of compliance and cultural development to inform continual improvements.
Core Skills Required
- Previous leadership experience.
- NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent.
- Capable of building a high performing team and of developing people to realise their full potential and achieve results through effective coaching, delegation and support
- Track record of successful change management and delivery of health and safety improvements
- Ability to make decisions based on analysis of information within a very fast paced, customer focused environment
- Experience of engaging key stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes.
- Understanding of the legislative and regulatory environment within which the business operates.