Are you feeling unchallenge with your portfolio of work? Undervalued by your current employer? Looking for a fresh challenge? A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen to join this prestigious PM & Cost Consultancy who work with varied high-end residential clients on a portfolio of great projects.
By offering bespoke solutions, early strategic advice, expert technical knowledge and flexibility in approach they provide their clients with peace of mind and the confidence that they are in the best hands.
You will be an integral team member in delivering whole project life cycle services relating to construction Health & Safety and CDM: Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Acting in both client CDM advisor and principal designer roles and providing health & safety related services on multiple projects of various scales and levels of complexity across most sectors
- Responding to the needs of the client particularly in respect of the implementation of CDM 2015 and the delivery of each of the functions required by the Regulations
- Undertaking site visits and preparing reports
- Undertaking principal contractor and principal designer reviews
- Promoting health & safety and welfare in construction
- Identifying key objectives and facilitating proportionate compliance from designers using strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Presenting professionally to project teams and providing training to fellow team members including clients
- Travelling to visit clients, project teams and construction sites within the UK
- Client care and business development
The Ideal candidate will:
- Have Nebosh Dip (Construction Cert as a minimum) CMIOSH ideally (although Tech and GradIOSH are also encouraged to apply) CMaPS
- Have substantial experience within a similar position, demonstrating your strong construction background and familiarity with procurement
- Have a proven ability to work collaboratively from within a team, being regarded as a "go to" person who can exemplify the professionalism and expertise of the company.
- Be up to date with relevant health & safety regulation, Guidance, published best practice and HSE enforcement policy within the construction industry
- Have strong communication (both written and verbal) skills and an interpersonal style that enables you to flourish in a direct client facing role, including communicating effectively with people of all levels of seniority across the whole procurement chain
- Have excellent planning and organising skills, with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to prioritise and effectively and manage multiple demands
- Have excellent IT skills, being able to utilise Word, Excel and our document management system including IAuditor
- Be able to work independently and on your own initiative, making sensible judgements and decisions and taking responsibility for doing whatever it takes to get the job done
- Be diligent, proactive and self-directing