Due to continued growth, a new position has arisen for a Senior Human Factors Consultant. You will join a leading Consultancy, offering a wide range of advisory services. This is a chance to join my client who is experiencing a huge demand for their services.
To apply specialist skills in human factors methods and knowledge of human science (human factors, psychology, occupational and organisational psychology, ergonomics) across multiple sectors and high-profile clients.
- Leads one or many project team(s), with support from Project Manager/ Director by planning and organising project, coordinating activities, tracking and reporting on project delivery, client liaison.
- Supports project economics by demonstrating good commercial discipline and leading to ensure the project commercially delivers against the business plan.
- Liaises closely with key client stakeholders to facilitate the delivery of set project outcomes.
- Supports Project Manager / Director and client to scope requirements and prepare proposals, developing client relationships, building internal and external networks.
- Contributes to the development of methodologies, tools, thought leadership papers, and the Human Factors community of practice and Operations Consulting skills network.
- Develops / maintains strong client relationships and commanding the confidence of others, internally and externally.
- Builds engaging relationships with a range of internal stakeholders to help influence other disciplines and share relevant Human Factors best practices.
- Draws on relevant theories, evidence-based practice to apply human factors standards, guidelines and best practice to support design and assurance of products, systems, infrastructure and operations.
- Implements human factors methods and techniques from task analyses, communications and information needs analysis, predictive and evaluative workload assessments, to anthropometric assessment, usability assessment and aspects of organisational human factors.
- Designs and implements human performance and user experience research, analysis and evaluation.
- Designs and implements experimental trials and data collection methods such as observation, interviews, focus groups, walkthroughs and workshops.
- Integrates human factors methodologies and approaches into engineering programmes.
Requirements and skills
- Typically, a first degree and/or extensive experience in Human factors, Ergonomics, Occupational or Organisational Psychology.
- Chartered or considering becoming Chartered/Registered with the Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors.
- Typically, five plus years of experience in a consulting or in-house environment.
- Experience delivering human factors objectives within multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy environments.
- Project management and delivery skills, including financial and risk management.
- Capability in developing business proposals for clients, by understanding client requirements and drawing together expertise from across a multi-disciplinary firm.
- A collaborative style of working that fosters innovation and teams working.
- Master's degree in a relevant field such as Human factors, Ergonomics, Occupational or Organisational Psychology.
- Experience providing specialist human factors methods and knowledge in one or more of the following markets: Rail, Highways, Energy, Aviation, Water, Built environment, Science and Industry.
- Experience or working knowledge of the following human factors disciplines:
- Anthropometrics, Accessibility and physical ergonomics including working environment and manual handling
- Task Analysis and Communications analysis
- Human Error and Reliability assessment and evaluation
- Workload assessment (predictive and evaluative)
- Alarms assessment
- Human Computer Interaction
- Usability assessments (performance, error, satisfaction and engagement)
- Human factors integration, risk management and assurance
- Competency, Training Needs Analysis, team working and organisational culture
- Control room and operational design, infrastructure design, and behavioural safety.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing consultancy with great apparitions. There is a generous salary and benefits package on offer as well as a good chance to develop through the company. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 ext 280 or email firstname.lastname@example.org