This is an exciting role allowing you to take responsibility to play a lead technical role on the delivery of hydraulic modelling projects as part of a well-respected team. My client are looking for a Senior Hydraulic Modeller to utilise their analytical GIS skills, 1D and 2D modelling skills for rivers and surface water and manage and resource projects.
The successful Senior Hydraulic Modeller will be a team player who is self-motivated and passionate about environmental solutions.
As part of your role you will:
- Undertake fluvial hydraulic modelling (1D and 2D) utilising ISIS TUFLOW and HEC-RAS
- Utilise GIS and MapInfo in preparation for projects and for data analysis
- Undertake surface water hydraulic modelling
- Design river and flood defence structures such as fish passes, weirs, stilling structures etc.
- Support and develop junior hydraulic modelling staff
- Prepare bids, proposals and fee estimates
The successful applicant will:
- Have a degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Science, Water Resources, Engineering Hydrology or similar
- Ideally be Chartered with CIWEM or ICE
- Have experience leading and carrying out Flood Risk Assessments and have an in depth knowledge of UK flood risk policy
- Have excellent communication and report writing skills
- Producing and leading hydrological studies
- Water Cycle Strategies, SuDS and Surface Water Management Plans
- Basic programming language
For more information, please contact Jill Richmond 01202 888 986