Allen & York have been appointed to source a Senior Hydrologist to join an experienced and knowledgeable team of 13, which is part of a larger network of 80 professionals UK wide. Overall they employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 9,000 people in locations across the UK.
The opportunity is within their Water Environment team based in Reading to work on projects involving river, coastal and surface water modelling for flood mapping studies, surface water management plans, flood strategies and other flood management projects, as well as Environmental Impact Assessments and water resources projects. The successful applicant will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
You will be part of a national hydrology discipline working on projects for Local Authorities, the Environment Agency, the utilities sector and for private sector clients. You will be involved in supporting some of the most significant and high profile infrastructure projects in the UK and beyond.
- Providing hydrological input to support our activities across a range of sectors, including flood risk management, environmental impact assessment and water resources.
- Support company-wide expertise in hydrological analysis for fluvial, coastal and urban applications.
- Supervising and assisting junior and graduate hydrologists within the Water Environment team of the Jacobs Winnersh office, as well as across the UK.
- Writing and reviewing technical reports
- Technical management of hydrological studies ensuring technical excellence, timely delivery and within budget.
- Experience in flood estimation techniques for river, urban and coastal flooding applications
- Knowledge and practice of the following software: WinFAP FEH, FEH Web-Service, ReFH1 and ReFH2
- Experience of flood risk management techniques including option appraisals
- Proficiency in using GIS software such as MapInfo/ArcGIS/QGIS
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Experience of liaising with project managers
- Good supervising skills
- Relevant degree
- Member of CIWEM / ICE and working towards Chartership
- QA and review of hydrological analysis undertaken by others
- Experience of deriving hydrological input into water resources studies and undertaking modelling such as Catchmod and HYSIM
- Experience of urban drainage hydrology and modelling
For the right person there is a very favourable package on offer and this is an opportunity to be part of innovative projects with great career development moving forward.