Senior Hydrologist Consultant
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Hydrologist Consultant. This is a newly created position as my client is expanding and looking to grow the team. You will need to have extensive experience with hydraulic modelling and ideally modelling capability in ISIS, HEC RAS, and TUFLOW. There may also be international travel due to my client's extensive client base. For more information, please call Barrie Dempster on 01202 888986 ext 280 or email email@example.com
My client provides a full range of geo-environmental consultancy services with a strong reputation for technical excellence and innovation. The Water team provides water supply and water management services to clients in the energy, resources, and infrastructure sectors across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Central Asia.
The current vacancy is for a Senior Hydrologist with hydraulic modelling expertise. The successful applicant will work with clients bringing managerial, technical, and industry know-how to the successful delivery of projects.
This position offers excellent career development potential, including substantial opportunities for international experience. A competitive salary and benefits package will be provided.
Core Responsibilities will include the following:
* Project management of hydrological studies for our energy, resources, and infrastructure clients;
* Hydrological analysis and modelling;
* Promote high technical quality across the project team;
* Business development and winning work including prospect identification and proposal generation; and liaise with and support clients.
* Hydrological analysis, including reviewing meteorological, hydrological and topographic data; undertaking statistical analyses of rainfall and flow data; rainfall-runoff modelling and drainage design;
* Hydraulic modelling and assessment. Modelling capability in ISIS, HEC RAS, and TUFLOW software packages, or equivalent, is required;
* Flood risk assessments;
* Strong track record in project management and delivery of projects;
* Ability to write clear, concise reports, and think logically and clearly;
* Ability to build effective working relationships with clients, colleagues, and contractors'; and
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
It would be seen as an advantage if the candidate has International experience in the energy, resources, and infrastructure sectors.
Candidates should have a postgraduate qualification in hydrology, civil engineering, hydraulics or other related disciplines.
Overall, this position would be suited to an ambitious individual who is looking to further their career and contribute to the continued success of my client. It requires a willingness to undertake a demanding role, often on a fast-track project schedule.
This will provide successful candidates with significant opportunity to undertake overseas roles and assignments.
I look forward to receiving your application