Senior Hydrologist - Perth
A unique opportunity has arisen for a Senior Hydrologist based in Perth. You will be joining a small but friendly team, commercially focused and growing. You will be conducting hydrological assessments, flood risk assessments and drainage design.
- To undertake and ensure that hydrological and environmental surveys, and recording are undertaken to a high technical standard, with individual technical specialism in at least one or two areas e.g. FRA, peat, drainage design etc.;
- To demonstrate confidence in the main provisions of legislation; an understanding of the subtleties of other initiatives, e.g. WFD, Flooding Directive, SPP, Natura Sites etc.;
- To understand the importance of the planning policy context and become familiar with Scottish Planning Policy guidance on flooding in Scotland and UK;
- To produce accurate and well-presented factual baseline, interpretative and impact assessment reports and demonstrating an excellent standard of written English and a high level of competence in using Microsoft Word and Excel;
- The Consultant will work with their Line Manager to agree personal professional development objectives and identify training courses to attend and other activities to undertake as part of his/her Continuing Professional Development.
The Senior Hydrologist will be expected to generate business (sales) and management activities (either on their own initiative or as directed by Associate/Directors), through the following activities:
- Preparation of tenders and quotes;
- Stakeholder and Public liaison;
- Preparation of marketing material and in marketing initiatives;
- Promotion of GEL, e.g. through attendance at Conferences and Exhibitions;
- Direct approaches to potential clients;
- Contribution to Work Instructions for technical work; related staff training and mentoring.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org