ALLEN & YORK's Engineering team are delighted to be working on behalf of a global infrastructure specialist to grow their team in Zurich. This is a permanent full time opportunity to support the expansion of operations across and international project list.
As part of the expansion of the technical team, we are looking to bring on board a Senior Infrastructure Construction Cost Expert, with extensive experience in international infrastructure projects. You will be part of the delivery team based in the Zurich head office, and will occasionally travel to site as needed.
The main duties of the role include:
- Perform detailed cost estimate of infrastructure construction projects as required to support tender submissions
- Include defensible estimate logic with enough detail to substantiate approach to estimate
- Research and understand the estimate climate, location, and potential impacts
- Provide analysis of confidence intervals to varying levels of designs / drawings
- Provide understanding of items included
- Receive subcontractor cost feedback and "break it down" into a comparative analysis
- Provide conceptual estimates and budget analysis for a variety of projects and disciplines, particularly transport or water infrastructure projects
- Support business development activities for proposals
- Review and analyse drawings and specifications, RFPs/RFQs and other contract and construction specific documents and develop an understanding of the scope into items for estimating activities
- Utilize cost related systems and programs for quantity analysis, quantity take-off, and cost analysis
The successful candidate will hold:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, preferably in Civil Engineering
- Construction site experience is a must, transport sector experience would be preferred
- Expert knowledge of manual and computerized cost estimating techniques
- Good knowledge of scheduling software MS Project / Primavera
- Excellent knowledge of Office Software
- Excellent understanding of project management principles and techniques
- Excellent understanding of Cost Control, Estimating, Change Control and Risk Analysis
- Significant experience in Project Controls, Scheduling, Project Coordination
- Analytical thinking, structured problem-solving skills, superior communication skills, team building, and strong work ethic
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to challenges and problems
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual looking to relocate to Zurich to get involved in some of the world's most complex and challenging infrastructure projects.
Please note that you will need to hold the right to live and work in Switzerland to apply to this role. We cannot offer sponsorship for this position.
Contact Tom Herbert at ALLEN & YORK for more information.