Our client is a global consultancy working across a range of Environmental and Engineering disciplines. They are seeking to appoint a Senior IT Helpdesk Advisor, based at any of the following locations including: Bradford on Avon, Bristol and Worcester.
The IT team provide an invaluable range of internal support services to facilitate the smooth operation of staff activities on a day to day basis. You will support the business across the UK, including their Dublin and France office.
Some travel to other sites may be required. Full UK driving license is essential.
You will provide effective leadership for the IT helpdesk, including delegation within the team; to cover European operations first and second line services, providing support to company employees and ensuring that service levels are achieved including processes and procedures to provide effective customer service at all times.
You will be responsible for team development under your guidance including technical assignment, engineer performance review meetings alongside the IT Manager and suggest suitable engineer training. You will ensure of a professional approach in your team and ensure that any direction from the senior management team is followed and passed down appropriately.
* Oversee 100% of the European helpdesk calls, technical incidents and problems raised. Manage urgent and sometimes complex support issues and be expected to work with and be a point of escalation to 2nd/3rd line for all problems. Be able to determine root cause issues and communicate affectively between the helpdesk team and our staff.
* Provide suitable cover for 1st/2nd line engineers on a daily/weekly basis and in times of staff absence.
* Monitor and develop your own skillset to mould around the company direction but also mentor the helpdesk engineers career path development.
* Overview and create policy and procedural documentation on IT systems new and existing and input to the senior management team with ideas and improvements.
* Provide input into a new global helpdesk system which is currently in development and provide data analysis and reporting to improve the way the helpdesk team work and support our staff.
* Have a high level of security focus and experience to strengthen the core team to include policy and procedural documentation and guidance to internal staff.
* Manage processes for communicating any service outage or out of hours work activities to the business. Provide input and maintain vendor relationships with our chosen IT hardware and diverse specialist software providers.
* Provide support to the European IT Manager and Global IT Director for budgetary requirements & project tasks in relation to the Helpdesk role.
* Previous experience in a Helpdesk/Service desk supervisory role
* Past 1st/2nd line engineer background of case solving technical ability
* Proven ability to communicate at all levels, with both technical and non-technical audiences, and to simplify complex issues and concepts, both through verbal and clear written documents.
* Have a good understanding of networking and Windows server based products
* Being able to perform in a high pressure environment
* Able to manage and balance a workload on the helpdesk & tasks with other senior team
* Professional understanding of modern IT technology and its application
* Equipped to take leadership of incident and problem management scenarios.
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Products especially cloud (Office 365, O/S, Office suites, Azure)
* VMWare vSphere/vCenter experience
* ITIL qualification or good understanding for IT service management and SLA/KPI delivery