Allen & York are working on behalf of a leading, global sustainable solutions group to bring on board a number of key hires within their consulting groups across Europe. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a truly world class team at a time of exciting growth across their markets.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise large/complex consulting mandates throughout their entire project cycle: initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure.
- Plan and implement projects to ensure the most efficient and highest-quality implementation.
- Interact and build relationships with our international and DACH clients and manage the timely delivery of mandates.
- Develop proposals with the Key Account Management team and regularly generate own leads, actively contributing to the business development activities of the company.
- Provide guidance on and technical leadership in the development of proposals for the corporate sector on topic corporate climate strategies, greenhouse gas (GHG) accounting services and climate change mitigation solutions and implementation of advisory projects, as well as lead their technical review.
- University degree, ideally at a Master's level or higher, in a sustainability-related field in Environmental Sciences or Engineering, Economics or other sustainability-related disciplines.
- Relevant knowledge of environmental sustainability challenges in multinational companies.
- Relevant work experience (the expectation is a minimum of 7 years) in sustainability consulting or related field. Specific consultancy experience for corporate clients in the following areas: GHG accounting in line with best practice methodologies; LCA / Scope 3 emissions accounting; target setting (SBTs); disclosure (e.g. CDP, TCFD); benchmarking / materiality assessment.
- Excellent project management skills, from both a technical and administrative standpoint, and proven ability to guide project teams in a multi-stakeholder and multi-geographies context.
- Excellent writing skills, with proven expertise in creating and reviewing high-quality written documents (proposals and deliverables).
- Excellent stakeholder and client management skills.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and either Dutch or German
This role would suit a well rounded sustainability and climate strategy consultant, looking to make a move to a globally recognised consultancy group. This role is offered ideally in Amsterdam, however would also be considered in Berlin or Zurich, and the relevant local language skills for each office would be a prerequisite.
This role is offered immediately and applications will be appraised and progressed as soon as they are received.