We are proud to be working with one of the leading Environmental and Sustainability Consultancy's to recruit a Senior Marine Science Consultant. You will join a rapidly growing capital project delivery team. Location is flexible for the right candidate. The role is an exciting opportunity to help lead a range of critical capital projects for global clients.
You would be expected to have demonstrable experience managing and delivering UK and international marine EIA projects, including subsea cables, offshore wind, hydrogen, CCS and oil and gas.
- Lead and project manage a variety of marine EIA projects
- Navigate client projects through licensing and consenting processes
- Undertake technical reviews of project deliverables to ensure that the quality of project deliverables represent high standards and are in line with client needs
- Develop client proposals and to build client relationship as well as developing their own internal and external network
- Support marine business development
- Ensure client satisfaction through project communication and engagement
The ideal candidate will
- Be educated to degree or postgraduate degree in a marine environmental discipline e.g. marine biology, aquatic ecology, resources management, oceanography
- Have 5-10 years' experience in either a consulting environment, the regulatory sector or from industry
- Have an understanding of environmental assessments including environmental impact assessment, habitats regulations, water framework directive, marine conservation zones, European protected species
- Have experience in drafting of marine screening and scoping reports, marine technical reports, environmental assessment chapters.
- Have a track record in the consenting of marine and coastal schemes
- Have project management experience
- Have experience in conducting stakeholder and regulator meetings and preparing materials to support consultation.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following would be of benefit: marine coastal processes, fisheries, benthic ecology, marine mammals, marine water and sediment quality, marine planning.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 ext 280 or email firstname.lastname@example.org