Senior Mechanical Design & Project Engineer (Energy & Sustainability)
The Design and Projects team specialise in engineering services projects within existing buildings. Our work includes high end commercial refurbishments and the design, specification, procurement and project management of key infrastructure replacement projects. We provide strategic advice to building owners and managers to plan and optimise the performance of their buildings, feeding back in terms of long term energy use, maintenance and reliability.
We have an extensive client list and work within some of the most prestigious buildings typically in the City of London. The opportunity has arisen for a Senior Engineer to join the team, to help run projects and develop existing and new client relationships.
The role would suit a technically proficient, self motivated, well organised individual with good commercial acumen. The Design and Projects team has shown consistent growth and we have a strong history of promoting from within and supporting team members to develop professionally.
- Producing high quality reports with clear and concise recommendations.
- Presenting technical information and providing clear communication to clients throughout a project.
- Preparing technical specifications, drawings and schedules with reference to the latest industry standards/best practice.
- Evaluating tender submissions and preparation of tender reports with recommendations.
- Project management including preparation of contract documentation, leading meetings and managing finances up to practical completion and handover.
- Ensuring H&S and legislative compliance throughout the course of a project.
- Ensuring works carried out within agreed budget.
- Typical Value of Projects: £30k to £3m.
- Typical Projects: Cat A and Cat B type refurbishment works (design and overseeing role).
- Replacement of infrastructure within existing buildings, feasibility reports, technical advisory consultancy and strategic advice relating to the above.