Mechanical Design Engineer
Our client is seeking professional mechanical design engineers for their multi-disciplinary project teams delivering Water Engineering Services.
- Carrying out asset surveys
- Carrying out calculations (eg pump head)
- Input to feasibility studies
- Conceptual & detailed design
- Tender assessment
- Review of Contractor submissions
- Witness testing of plant & technical support to construction management staff
- You will be qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering and will ideally either hold or be close to attaining Chartered Engineer status.
- You will have a good technical understanding of mechanical principles and should be familiar with the design of pumping systems.
- You will be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in the production of good quality written documentation, integrating your work with other discipline areas, and working to programme and budget constraints.
- You should be capable of working in a team or independently and have the ability to travel and visit operational and construction sites as required. You should also be proficient in the use of MS Office applications.
- Competence in AutoCAD would be an advantage
As a minimum you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Recent design experience of mechanical projects in the chemical, process, utility or allied industries - particularly involving pumping systems. Water Industry experience will be a significant advantage
- Experience in the production of specifications and / or technical reports
- Awareness of Construction Design & Management (CDM) Regulations and designing for safety
- Awareness of various methods of contract procurement, ideally including the ECC (NEC) forms of contract
- Typically we would expect someone to have around three years post qualification experience to have the skills and knowledge required to undertake this role successfully, but we will also consider less experienced candidates
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Alex Carroll - Adams at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986.