We are working with one of the fastest growing Multidisciplinary Consultancy's to recruit a Senior or Principal Ecological Consultant. Working with a highly skilled team focused on providing services to a wide range of clients, particularly developers, utility companies and the renewable energy and rural industries.
You will work well with limited supervision and have experience in business development. This is a unique opportunity for the right person to join the business and rapidly progress their career in ecology. You will join a wider team of Ecology professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines, such as Planning, Landscape and Archaeology.
You will be a key player in delivering ecological surveys and mitigation works in a fast moving, client focussed commercial environment, with the aim to rapidly develop your skills and grow the business in the South Wales region.
Successful candidates will:
- Undertake a wide range of ecological surveys including extended Phase 1 Habitat Surveys and more specialist work such as protected species surveys and mitigation. This will involve ensuring that work is delivered on time and is delivered to the client's satisfaction.
- Carrying out desk studies, consultations, research, data management and analysis, and report writing.
- Liaising with clients and statutory bodies.
- Write and produce concise ecological reports that are compliant with relevant legislation and meet the needs of the client, both in terms of satisfaction and client deadlines.
- Undertaking Ecological Impact Assessments and inputting into ecological sections of Environmental Impact Assessments.
- Hold at least one Natural England/Natural Resources Wales survey licence.
- Have experience of protected species licensing or have the ambition to gain the required experience to be a named ecologist on a European Protected Species Licence.
- Manage your own time to ensure that work is delivered on time and to the required standards.
- Supporting and driving sales activities by assisting with and taking a lead in drafting proposals, tenders and quotes and building client relationships by taking ownership of your own projects therefore helping to achieve team sales targets.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Educated to graduate level in a relevant subject.
- Have at least one protected species survey licence, ideally bats, and have adequate experience to apply for derogation licences.
- CIEEM membership.
- Experience of bat analysis software.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of ecology, legislation, and survey techniques.
- Have excellent written communication skills and be able to produce accurate technical reports.
- Able to work alone and manage your own time to ensure that work is delivered on time and to the required standards.
- Full driving licence and have use of a car.
- Flexible working with regards to type of work, timing and location.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Be commercially aware with experience of managing budgets.
- CSCS card holder.
- PTS qualified.
- Quote/tender production.
- Client management experience.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org