Senior or Principal Ecologist (Terrestrial)
Due to winning a number of projects my client is looking to expand and hire either a Senior or Principal Ecologist. You will be the ecological lead on high profile habitat mitigation and translocation projects in the Midlands, ensuring the highest environmental standards are met. The role will co-ordinate other ecological specialists / ECoWs, as well as acting as company lead for licensable works.
A strong undergraduate degree in Ecology, Zoology, Botany, Biology, Environmental Science (with a strong ecology focus) or similar/equivalent;
- A minimum of five years demonstrable post-graduate experience preferably in a professional ecological consultancy role encompassing large infrastructure projects;
- Positive, pro-active attitude;
- Full membership of CIEEM or equivalent with expertise in protected species surveys;
- In depth knowledge of ecology, working knowledge of current legislation, policy, industry best practice and mitigation techniques;
- Holder of relevant European Protected Species (EPS) survey licences, and preferably also mitigation licences; (bat, badger, GCN);
- Experience of Phase 1 Habitat and EPS surveys and licensing;
- Technical and professional proficiency with a demonstrable history of delivering ecology projects to a high standard, on time and within budget;
- Writing and providing technical review of ecological reports and other deliverables;
- Must be a self-starter and have a proven track record of managing ecological elements of projects;
- Experience in line management and technical leadership of teams of ecologists on major projects;
- Electronic data capture, analysis and presentation;
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work to meet peaks in demands (as all roles are likely to involve occasional longer/and or unsociable hours;
- Experience in delivering best SHEQ standards throughout delivery;
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with key stakeholders of all levels.
- SSSTS qualification
- First aid qualification
- Tree climbing experience / tickets
- Arboriculture experience
- Good knowledge and experience of working within woodlands
- Chartered Ecologist or working towards same.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org