Senior or Principal Freshwater Aquatic Ecologist
Guildford or Cardiff
A unique opportunity has arisen for a Senior or Principal Aquatic Ecologist. You will need to both commercial and technical aware. There is a wide range of projects to work on as well as the chance to progress.
You will be responsible for the delivery of freshwater projects, including leading surveys, undertaking data analysis, and preparing technical reports. You will also be responsible for the line management and training of junior staff in the freshwater team. You will have technical expertise in macroinvertebrate identification, and experience in using freshwater biological indices used in describing the status or health of a river system. You will also support the delivery of fish population monitoring and fish rescue work, undertaking river ecology habitat scores.
You will already be working at principal or senior level, with a wealth of experience within commercial consultancy. As such, you will ideally have experience of undertaking business development, preparing quotes and tenders, and building client relationships. You will be a technical expert and capable of writing accurate and concise technical reports.
Successful candidates must
- have relevant and proven experience in a similar role, specifically within the commercial environmental sector
- hold a degree or postgraduate degree (or equivalent) in Aquatic Ecology, Hydro-ecology or a related subject
- have macroinvertebrate identification skills to at least family level (TL3) and ideally mixed taxon level (TL5)
- be technically competent, with an in-depth knowledge of aquatic ecology, legislation, and survey techniques
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- be able to produce meticulous and accurate technical reports as well as communicate confidently with clients and stakeholders
- be organised with proven ability to multi-task and handle several projects simultaneously
- be able and willing to travel and stay away from home
- be a member of an appropriate professional institute
- have a full UK driving licence and use of a car
- have a positive outlook and a strong desire to succeed.
Ideally you will also
- have experience of leading and motivating a team of both site and office based staff
- have a proven work winning track record, experience of preparing bids and tenders and generating new business opportunities.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org