Working with the UK's largest ground investigation and consultancy team, this is an opportunity for a Geo Environmental Consultant to develop their career within an award winning setting.
The role is offered at Senior or Principal grade, to be based from the established Derby office. You will be managing the site investigation process and will bring with you a wealth of experience in this field.
- Producing tenders for geo-environmental ground investigations
- Undertaking Phase I & II geo-environmental ground investigations for all scales of projects and types of site with senior support as necessary
- Proficient in undertaking intrusive site investigation works for geotechnical and environmental purposes
- Reporting of Phase I & II geo-environmental site investigations
- Quantitative risk assessment for human health, controlled waters, ground gas and vapours
- Supervision of remediation works and earthworks (training given)
- Liaison with clients and regulators
- Typically have five years specific relevant experience
- A good understanding of water, ground and soil gas site investigation techniques and assessments.
- A good understanding of contaminated land regulatory and legislative framework
- A good knowledge of the principal soil and rock strata encountered in the UK and able to log samples using the descriptions contained within BS:5930
- Familiar with and able to interpret geological maps and geological data
- Able to use the conceptual model to design and justify the nature and scope of site investigation works
- Able to complete factual and interpretative Phase I & II assessments
- Able to deliver projects and work within a multi-disciplinary consultancy
- Able to write proposals that are both technically sound and commercially accurate
- Provide strong technical leadership and mentoring skills to less experienced staff
Salary and benefits:
- Commensurate with experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Training by senior team members to enable technical and managerial progression
- Significant support and encouragement to gain chartered status, SoBRA, SiLC etc.
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays
This is a strong opportunity to join a market leading team at an exciting point of their development. Please contact Tom Herbert at Allen & York for more information.