Our client, one of the most recognised names in the building and civil engineering industry, are currently recruiting for a Senior Planner who will be based in their London office.
The desired candidate will have a great knowledge and experience within the Power sector.
- Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
- Engage in a purposeful and well organised manner with other team members.
- Assimilate information and summarise it in a manner that can be used to communicate the work scope to others.
- Prepare a resourced programme, including reviewing the outcome for conformance with expectations and requirements.
- Contribute to the risk register and undertake programme risk analysis.
- Prepare visual material in support of planned methods.
- Prepare resource schedules for use at review.
- Manage personally controlled project documentation in an orderly fashion.
- Carry out other relevant duties as required from time to time.
- Contribute to coaching, supporting and formal training of others.
- Provide a link to communicate planning community information between all parties
- Draw up a bid preparation programme and contribute to the tender queries database.
- Define methods and establish competitive outputs, in consultation with the estimator and other team members, including the supply chain in appropriate circumstances.
- Cooperate with the design engineer to establish a design brief for temporary works.
- Provide the estimator with a justified schedule of temporary works and other indirect cost items.
- Contribute the required written submission material.
- Attend the bid review meeting to contribute a clear view of the work scope and the intentions for delivering it by reference to prepared material.
- Attending the handover meeting to contribute a clear view of the work scope and the intentions for delivering it by reference to prepared material and accept further defined tasks.
- In consultation with Estimator advise project team of required feedback reports and support.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Civil Engineer Degree Qualified
- Experience within the Power industry
- Great experience of Civil engineering
- Must have a good experience in both tendering and contract delivery
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office.