Senior Planning Consultant - Oxfordshire
£30,000 - £40, 000 DOE (+ benefits)
A chance to work for a leading private consultancy who prides itself on employee development, working on large scale, complex and exciting projects in a supportive and cooperative environment in Oxfordshire.
An innovative multi-disciplinary practice combining Architects, Town Planners and Urban Designers who pride themselves on being creative, sustainable, and client focused. They are leading on the development of some nationally significant projects, including an entirely new settlement in the South of the UK.
Due to the number of new promotions and schemes, they are currently looking to expand to support their exciting workload. As such they require a Senior Planning Consultant to join their friendly team.
You will be working on large scale development projects with a first-class organisation. This role also gives you opportunity to mentor and supervise more junior members of staff, as well as be extremely client facing. You will be involved in every step of the process - giving you real ownership over your projects and project management exposure and ability to step up in your career.
- Promote projects with minimum supervision, acting as Project Administrator as appropriate.
- Evaluate development proposals having regard to the provisions of the Development Plan and Central Government guidance.
- To research the preparation of Development Plan Documents, to identify the key dates when documents are to be prepared and published by local authorities and to submit representations in accordance with clients' requirements.
- To prepare planning applications for development opportunities to include pre-application meetings with Officers of Local Planning Authority and co-ordinating other professionals involved in the project.
- To manage all types of planning appeals including preparation of evidence and co-ordinating other professionals involved, including preparing and presenting evidence at Informal heading and Public Inquiries.
To be considered for the role of Senior Planner
- You have a degree and postgraduate degree in a relevant subject
- Full Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute (MRTPI)
- At least 3 years PQE - public or private sector experience is accepted
- Full Knowledge and expertise of the UK Town planning process and policies
Interested? Get in touch!
Tel 01202 888986 ext. 243