Senior Planning Consultant
Are you an experienced planner who is looking to build your Portfolio?
How about doing so in a company that works over a range of different sectors?
Sounds like a new challenge to you?
Our client is looking to recruit a Senior Planning Consultant to join their ambitious and successful team. The goal is to provide their clients with high quality, customer focussed, timely and outcome based development management services.
The ideal candidate will have experience in providing consistently professional advice on planning matters to a variety of customers.
They will possess the ability to communicate at all levels, be well organised as well as having a positive attitude in order to be proactive and solve problems to produce well balanced outcomes.
- The ability to negotiate with applicants and a wide range of stakeholders in order to obtain high quality outcomes
- Provide concise, accurate, justified and timely reports and recommendations on mainly minor and small major planning applications and pre application discussions applying current legislation and policy changes as appropriate.
- Ability to keep up to date with current and emerging policy development at a local, regional and national level so that clients are in a strong position to benefit from existing policies and potential changes
- Be involved in service improvements and our business operations to ensure resilience competitive edge, efficiency and effectiveness going forward.
- Provide support to your peers as well as mentoring more junior staff to ensure project and team targets are met.
- Be willing to travel to meet our client requirements. Driving license required
- You are a member of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
- You have 3 years or more relevant experience.
- You possess a high level of ability to prioritise and manage a workload whilst working flexibly to meet both the commercial and contractual needs of the business.
- You have a demonstrable experience of working as a planner/senior planning officer or consultant in the public/private sector as well as a level of knowledge and understanding of planning legislation.
- You are ambitious to enhance the reputation of the Development Management service for innovation, quality and timeliness of delivery.
For an informal chat about this role please call Spencer on 01202 888986 or email email@example.com