The power systems analysis and design section provides consulting expertise in all aspects of power system network modelling covering subjects such as load flow, fault level, harmonics, motor starting, dynamics, protection coordination and electromagnetic transients. As part of this role, the successful candidate will undertake assignments covering the analysis and protection coordination of existing and proposed networks applied to a variety of renewable, offshore, industrial and utility projects for clients based in the UK and overseas. Power system analysis studies play a key role - as part of new systems design, or upgrades. Our services in power systems design and network modelling include - Concept design and options engineering for power systems, System modelling and performance assessment for design confirmation, and control and protection options to improve system performance and reliability.
- M.Eng. degree level(or equivalent) in : Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Power Systems Engineering or a relevant electrical discipline.
- You will be chartered.
- You will have experience carrying out power system studies, experienced in undertaking full relay protection and coordination studies including preparation of TCCs and setting schedules, managing power system studies projects, and liaising with clients.
- You will have a proven track record of delivering high quality, clear and precise power system studies reports.
- Experience in one or more of the following software packages is required: PSS/e, IPSA, EDSA, ETAP, PSCAD-EMTDC, PTW, DigSILENT.
- Experience supervising, mentoring, and training graduate engineers is desirable.
- Experience designing substation earthing grids to British and IEEE standards and ability to model earthing networks including determining appropriate soil resistivity models, division factors, ROEP, and touch and step potentials using packages such as CDEGS or ETAP is desirable.
- Should be prepared to undertake short