Senior/Principal BIM/CAD Technician - LONDON OR BIRMINGHAM
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior BIM/CAD Technician to join our Client, a global design and consultancy firm who specialise in the natural and built asset environment, in the London or Birmingham area.
The successful candidate will be expected to take the BIM/CAD lead on projects, work with nominal supervision, and will be expected to liaise with other internal and external design team members on a proactive basis to resolve problems.
- Preparation of preliminary sketches, general arrangement drawings, detail drawings, reinforcement drawings and schedules under the direction of an Engineer.
- Using Revit (latest version), AutoCAD (latest version), AutoCAD Civil 3D (latest version) to produce 2D drawings and 3D models for tender and construction.
- Coordinate with Project BIM lead and produce detailed 3D models to a prescribed LOD and the drawing sets required for a project delivery for Bridges and Structures projects.
- Produce Navisworks models and assist in the overall coordination of other discipline models using Navisworks.
- Act as a mentor to more junior staff and help develop their Technical understanding of structures and CAD skills.
- Take ownership of work produced though our offshore office (Bangalore) and be able to run a bridge structures BIM/CAD team in London.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Fully computer literate (includes Word and Excel) and have good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Conversant with the latest AutoCAD and Cads RC packages.
- Confident in the ability to produce 3D models in AutoCAD Microstation V8 or later, AECOsim, ProjectWise or Navigator
- Confident in the ability to produce Revit models.
- Confident in the ability to produce Navisworks models
- Competent in the detailing of reinforced concrete and structural steel.
- HNC/HND in Structural/Civil Engineering, or 'equivalent', although other related disciplines will be considered.
- Knowledge and experience of highway and railway bridges and will have delivered numerous projects of different forms at various stages of design development from options phase to detailed design.
- Knowledge or used the PAS1192, BS1192 CAD layering system/BIM. You will be able to detail to BS8666 with design being done in BS8110, BS5400 and Euro Codes.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact David Ward at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986.