Our client is leading global engineering and technology Services Company. They are currently seeking a Senior Project Engineer to Ensuring the delivery of a technical work package or small project – category C and below (Protection & Control Equipment) on time, to quality and within budget ensuring the Company revenue and profit expectations are maximised.
- Ensure technical compliance of the defined work package and liaison with the assigned Design Engineers on all equipment design and specification aspects.
- Support the design engineers to efficiently and effectively provide their solution.
- Maintain customer relationships to achieve long-term customer retention, satisfaction and growth potential.
- Identifying customer requirements beyond the agreed project scope to increase the business benefit from the project.
- Ensuring all potential opportunities, variations and risks are identifies and reported to the Project Manager as soon as possible.
- Preparation of technical specifications for procurement of work package equipment and/or services.
- Responsible for the management of subcontracts/suppliers work packages from the tendering stage, through delivery up to handover in accordance with the Project procurement schedule and quality requirements and completing supplier/subcontractor performance assessments in cooperation with Procurement and Quality Depts.
- Responsible for providing procurement information for QA plan and ensuring compliance, where necessary by attending equipment acceptance tests.
- Responsible for preparing monthly Progress Reports on the assigned work package for internal and external purposes.
- Use and make available to others knowledge assets to optimise the proposed solution and project costs.
- Supporting site engineers and attending Commissioning Panel meetings
- Commitment to Siemens Think Customer initiative including excellent call handling and voice mail skills.
- operate within a budget defined by the Project Manager in accordance with Company Signature Protocol.
- Acts as Engineers representative in relation to supplier/subcontract management.
- Formal qualifications to a minimum of HND/HNC level in Electrical Engineering, with Degree level more desirable.
- Corporate Membership of the Institute Electrical Engineering or working towards membership.
- Experience in an Engineering / Project Engineering function ideally within the Transmission & Distribution Industry.
- Demonstrable evidence of successful project Technical delivery.
- Fully conversant with the latest Transmission & Distribution standards & technologies.
- Knowledge of Protection & Control systems.
- Experience of purchasing procedures.
- Awareness of Commercial / Contractual issues.
- Knowledge of CDM Regulations / Current H&S legislation & Risk Management processes.
- IT Literacy (MS Office including MS Project etc).
- Good communication & interpersonal skills.