Our client is a global OEM looking for a Senior Project Manager for the Middle East
The Senior Project Manager objectives will be to execute the EPC Turnkey Substation build projects within the defined targets (e.g. cost, time, quality) and ensuring satisfaction of the customer, professional stakeholder and management. (full Mechanical, Electrical and Civil scope)
Manage Customer Requirements
- The Project Manager is empowered with adequate signature authorization and target agreement to manage the project as entrepreneur and brings about strategic decisions and asserts them
- Actively gathers information on the customer and customer's strategies, requirements and targets.
- Manages customer expectations; identifies / creates additional opportunities out of the ongoing projects
- Actively communicates with customer's senior representatives and manages solving of issues.
- Regularly performs lessons learned activities and feeds the results into own project and organization.
Manage project finances on the basis of contractual developments and risk situation
- Lives full responsibility for the financial results according to set targets
- Examines the project proposal/order entry costing.
- Ensures regular financial controlling and reporting according to regulations.
- Optimizes the project gross profit, cash flow and assets.
- Identifies and minimizes non-conformance costs.
- Ensures that the results of risk assessments are appropriately reflected in costing.
- Fosters change orders with good margin contribution.
- Manage the project throughout the project Life Cycle.
- Handles relevant planning elements and milestone results throughout the project life cycle.
- Involves the relevant partners in the sales/ project initiation phase.
- Performs contract reading and derives actions concerning risks, opportunities and contractual obligations.
- Agrees targets and work packages with project staff and delegates defined work packages.
- Is responsible for the technical solution including integration of all (sub-) systems.
- Ensures proper ramp up and execution of site activities.
- Holds regular project status meetings and organizes acceptance of milestone work results.
- Documents all work results according to the valid standards.
- Manages acceptance (tests) and final project handover.
- Identifies and assesses risk factors utilizing available risk measurement tools.
Manage project team
- Agrees targets with project staff and delegates defined responsibilities and authority.
- Holds and seeks actively feedback (e.g. team members, managers, customers)
- Takes responsibility for own and supports team-members' work life balance.
- Supports team-members' personal development (eg. PMP-process)
- Involves the project team in the identification of changes and claims.
- Demonstrates leadership to functionally assigned intercultural staff, agrees targets and delegates accordingly.
- Cooperates closely with line managers and experts.
- Facilitates and monitors effective team collaboration (e.g. via coaching)
Develop strategies for the project and beyond
- Aligns project targets with business strategy; signs a project manager target agreement.
- Develops and considers strategic targets for own project in line with responsible business manager.
- Represents the project in the relevant decision boards internally and externally to senior management.
- Identifies / creates additional opportunities out of the ongoing projects.
Manage compliance to standards, rules and regulations
- Leads project members to act according to the Business Conduct Guidelines.
- Implements rules (e.g. tax regulations, arms lengths principle, delegation of employees, guarantees and export control)
- Sets up a framework to regular check of compliance in the project and with subcontractors.
- Involves the necessary corporate governance units (e.g. Compliance, Legal Units, HR, Workers Council)
- Complies to local standards and law of countries directly affected (e.g. of: customer, suppliers, partners)
- Complies with internal and international rules (ZRG, AWV, INCOTERMS), Fundamentals of Supply Chain.
Management, Asset Management, Procurement Policy
- Manage the project enabler processes.
- Follows the relevant LoA process, if applicable.
- Assesses contracts in terms of claim-relevant significance, ensures examination by legal expert.
- Negotiates with stakeholders on Change Requests and incorporates them into contracts.
- Agrees with stakeholders the strategy for making / mitigating / defending claims.
- At an early stage identifies drives, defends and mitigates claims.
- Ensures monitoring and management of risks and opportunities and early escalation.
- Devises suitable strategies for risk mitigation.
- Implements procedure to solve major issues with all necessary internal and external partners.
10 years experience in Project Manager with overall responsibility on project results including budget, financial management of risk, opportunities and claims
- Manages project as entrepreneur according to organizational standards.
- Extensive experience in High Voltage Substations (turnkey)
- Electrical Engineering Degree
- Written and spoken English is essential.
- Middle East experience is essential.
- Relevant degree and Project Management certifications are preferred.