A rare opportunity has arisen to join a leading consultancy as a Senior Resettlement and Social Specialist. You will join a company at the forefront of some of the most interesting and ethical projects.
- Managing the administrative and technical aspects of social impact assessment and resettlement projects (either as stand-alone projects or as part of an ESIA).
- Winning projects through proposal compilation and building of positive relationships with new and existing clients.
- Compilation of Social Impact Assessment reports and Resettlement Action Plans.
- Managing socio-economic and asset surveys, including analysis and interpretation of survey data.
- Engaging with stakeholders at community and government levels.
- Liaising with clients and project partners.
- Effectively managing interfaces between disciplines - e.g. coordination between social/ resettlement practitioners and database management, GIS, stakeholder engagement, land surveying, economic modelling, community health impact assessment, etc.
- Post graduate degree in Anthropology, Sociology, Research Psychology or related field.
- 8-10 years' experience in resettlement planning or related field.
- Must have demonstrable experience in compiling professional reports that meet applicable technical requirements.
- Must be able to build and maintain relationships both internally and externally.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and within a team
- Must be willing to travel internationally.
- Specialist knowledge within the field of social impact assessment and resettlement.
- Experience in special-purpose studies (e.g. Social and Labour Plans, Community Development Plans, influx management, artisanal mining, etc.) would be beneficial.
- Experience in electronic (tablet-based) social surveys and/or statistical data analysis would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of French or Swahili would be beneficial (but not essential).
- Must have a valid driver's licence.
To ensure SUSTAINABILITY in our environment and our business this role will be required to live and uphold the following values:
- Demonstrating INTEGRITY and HONESTY at all times;
- Acting in a PROFESSIONAL manner;
- Working together as a TEAM;
- Demonstrating CARE;
- Delivering FLEXIBLE and PRAGMATIC solutions;
- Demonstrating PASSION; and
- Being FUTURE FOCUSED.
For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 ext 280 or email email@example.com