Location: East Anglia/South East
Salary circa £35,000 - £40,000
Working for one of the fastest growing environmental and geotechnical consultancies who operate throughout the UK, Europe and the Middle East providing a range of services to the property, manufacturing, oil, gas and energy sectors. Their success is founded on the talent of their employees and they actively encourage personal and professional growth.
Due to organic growth they are looking to recruit a Senior SHEQ Advisor based in East Anglia/South-East. This is an opportunity to make a real, practical difference to the business from the very start. Helping to achieve Zero Harm, you will take an active part in projects, campaigns and initiatives to keep our workforce safe and healthy and save lives on construction sites.
You will also support in making sure their projects meet the necessary environmental criteria, and leave a positive legacy on the communities they work in.
What you can expect in this position
- To be immersed in real activities and given responsibilities from the outset.
- As your experience grows you will have increased responsibility; working with experts who will share their knowledge, provide support and give invaluable feedback so you never stop learning.
What you'll be doing:
- Assisting the SHEQ team in providing SHEQ compliance, advice, guidance with applicable legislation and industry best practice
- Preparation and review of risk assessments and procedures
- Carrying out inductions, training, and toolbox talks
- Monitoring, delivery of internal audits, on-site inspections and reporting on SHEQ performance for business operations, office and field based
- Support the investigation of incidents, analyse data and present findings to the management team.
- Vendor review, audit, and inspections
- Preparation of reports in relation to performance against objectives, targets, and SHEQ performance, as well as supporting on associated communications
- Assist with the implementation of divisional and Group SHEQ initiatives
- Draw on your own experience to assist our designers, engineers and supply chain in making the construction process safer, healthier and more sustainable.
- Provide assistance to the SHEQ Divisional Leads
What they are looking for:
- A passion for Safety, Health, Environment and Quality
- A flexible approach to work, both office based & out on site, and able to adapt to change
- A team focus with the ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with a wide variety of people, at many levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence key decisions.
- Implementing SHEQ policies and procedures both on site and in the office
- Engaging with staff and contractors on SHEQ performance on a day to day basis and support the delivery of objectives and targets
- Conducting audits, inspections and incident investigations. Constantly seeking areas for improvement and development in health and safety performance
- External audit participation and guidance
- Supporting the delivery of legal compliance obligations
- Provision and design of SHEQ training to RSK Group employees and external parties as required
- Provision of SHEQ advice to workforce and contract support to operations
- Knowledge of ORETO/GLP an advantage but not essential
- Assist in the implementation of Group SHEQ initiatives.
What you'll need:
- At least 5 years' experience in a health and safety position.
- Civils or construction experience an advantage but not essential
- A NEBOSH General Certificate, ideally TechIOSH status, and experience with ISO standards
- Good technical knowledge of health and safety legislation
- A confident and experienced trainer
- ISO internal auditor qualification an advantage but is not essential.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Travel (UK, and occasionally internationally) for up to 50% of workload
- Strong written and verbal communication is essential to the role.
- Computer literate and skilled with Microsoft Office applications, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated, with diligence, integrity and ambition.
- Must hold a full UK drivers licence.
- Additional qualifications/memberships in Environment, Health, Safety and Quality an advantage.
Salary and benefits:
- £commensurate with experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
- Regular training and career development