Do you see value and opportunity in waste reduction, our client are a prominent employer in the UK who aim to reduce waste going to landfill either by recycling or using for green energy, contributing to a sustainable society. They have clients in the commercial and residential business streams and are looking for a Senior SHEQ Advisor to join the team in West Yorkshire.
You will work closely with the SHEQ Director and QA Manager to manage the risks, deliver cultural change and raise the profile of SHEQ in the region. You will also have close working relationships with Managers with responsibility to develop safe working practices and empower individuals to improve safety performance. With common goals and regular reviews you will be able to establish and develop trusted relationships internally, as well as liaise confidently with clients and local authorities on issues relating to hazards, site safety and risk assessments.
Key skills required:
- At least 10 years within SHEQ role.
- A background in waste or similar high-risk environment.
- Nebosh Certificate is the minimum requirement, preferred Nebosh Diploma.
- Maintained and developed ISO 9001 compliant management systems.
- Able to motivate, lead and manage a remote team.
- Confident communicator able to work effectively and manage relationships with all levels of staff, management, contractors, clients and regulators.
- Valid driving license.
This is a role with a growing business who have the vision to become a leading renewable waste business, who work closely with the local community and as well as being innovative are competitive and have strategy to deliver long term growth and increase profits. As well as a competitive salary there is a car / car allowance on offer, to hear more please apply with your CV to Rachel Gladdis.